Three Reasons Coaching Foundations Crumble with Casey Watts – Episode 8
By Nicole S. Turner
Share This Post:
Instructional coaches are unique. We’re not administration, and we’re not teachers. To be successful, we need to have a vision for our role and a strong coaching foundation.
In Episode 8 of The Simply Instructional Coaching Podcast, I talk to Casey Watts about three reasons coaching foundations crumble. Casey is an impact coach and consultant at Catching Up with Casey. Casey has been an instructional coach for the last 6 years and helps schools strategically move teams forward so they reach their instructional goals.
During the interview, we talk about finding your people, building a coaching foundation, and making the shift from teacher to coach. You’ll learn about vision casting, coaching teams vs. coaching individuals, using social norm agreements, and setting up your core values.
Topics Covered in Episode 8 – Three Reasons Coaching Foundations Crumble with Casey Watts
- Finding your core group of instructional coaching friends to talk about your work with
- 3 reasons coaching foundations crumble and why coaches end up wanting to retreat back to the classroom – a sneak peek of her session at The Simply Coaching Summit
- The importance of building a solid coaching foundation and setting a vision for your work
- Making the shift from teacher to coach and building a new coaching foundation
- Setting up your core values and your why
- Vision casting to strategically move teams forward to reach their instructional goals
- Some of the differences between coaching individuals and coaching teams
- How to work with teams when you have 3 people on the same page and one team member struggling to become part of the team or choosing not to become part of the team
- Personality assessments to use with teachers to help everyone contribute to the team
- Using social norm agreements with teacher teams
I absolutely love Casey and her content. She’s a lot of fun, and I know you’re going to enjoy our conversation. Tune in now to learn how to build a strong coaching foundation.
Thank you for listening! Please subscribe, rate, and review the show!
Grab a copy of the Simply Coaching Summit brochure here!
Links and resources mentioned in this episode
- Simply Coaching Summit
- Casey Watts Website
- Casey on Facebook @catchupwithcasey
- Casey on Instagram @catchupwithcasey
- Casey on LinkedIn @catchupwithcasey
- Casey on Twitter @catchupcasey
- Working Genius Assessment
Casey Watts Bio:
I am Casey Watts, Instructional Impact Coach and Consultant. I have been an educator for over 15 years as a classroom teacher, academic coordinator, adjunct professor, instructional coach, and educational consultant.
This is my “WHY” behind what I do: I envision collaborative learning communities in which the vast majority of educators are eager and inspired to come to work, feel validated and empowered while at work, and end each day with a great sense of purpose and fulfillment! I am on a mission to make this happen in as many schools as possible, regardless of my role as an educator. As an instructional impact consultant, I partner with schools to facilitate collaborative learning around HIGH IMPACT strategies so we can SOLVE THE PROBLEMS THAT PRODUCTS AND PROGRAMS AREN’T SOLVING!!