A SIMPLE Framework to Coach Teachers Part 1 – Episode 2
By Nicole S. Turner
Share This Post:
One of the biggest questions I get is, “Where do I start?” My answer is always The SIMPLE Blueprint for Instructional Coaching. This SIMPLE framework outlines the most crucial components of instructional coaching and how to provide differentiated support to teachers. It provides quick strategies for identifying teachers’ needs, tips for developing a coaching plan, and strategies to support teachers.
In this episode, we dive into the foundations of the SIMPLE Blueprint. You’ll get ideas for how to set the vision of your coaching work, ways to introduce your role, and tips for making a plan for supporting teachers.
Topics in Episode 2 – A SIMPLE Framework to Coach Teachers Part 1
- What is The SIMPLE Blueprint, and who is it for
- Overview of The SIMPLE Blueprint for Instructional Coaching
- The foundations of this SIMPLE framework
- Differentiating support for teachers
- How to set the vision for your role and establish boundaries with administration
- Ideas for introducing your role
- Using coaching surveys to gather information from teachers
- Making a plan for approaching your coaching work