The Instructional Coach’s Atlas with Steve Ventura – Episode 13
By Nicole S. Turner
Share This Post:
As coaches, we want to make the biggest impact we can when we work with teachers. Whether we are working 1 on 1 with a teacher or if we are supporting a PLC, we need to know how to build a solid relationship, collaborate, and reflect. Steve Ventura is full of great information about increasing your impact as a coach. He is joining us today to share some incredible insight into the disconnect between data and implementation, supporting PLCs as a coach, and what effective coaches do.
Steve Ventura is a former teacher and administrator and is currently the president and lead consultant at Advanced Collaborative Solutions. He approaches high-stakes professional development with practical, research-based strategies. Steve has published multiple books and articles, including Achievement Teams and he regularly presents and keynotes at major global education events.
In this episode, Steve is giving us a glimpse inside his book, Achievement Teams, as well as what he will be covering in his session, The Instructional Coach’s Atlas: A Guide for Coaches and School Leaders at the Simply Coaching Summit. We are diving into how coaches can actually support PLCs right now, what coaches can do to map out their first PLC, the benefits of bringing student work into PLCs, and what effective coaches do.
I am so grateful for this conversation with Steve! He has so much knowledge and insight in increasing impact when supporting PLCs and addressing the gap between what PLCs can do and the actual implementation. Be sure to register for the Simply Coaching Summit so you can catch Steve’s session LIVE on day 2!
Topics Covered in Episode 13: The Instructional Coach’s Atlas with Steve Ventura
- Steve’s journey from P.E. Teacher to president and lead consultant at Advanced Collaborative Solutions
- An overview of his book, Achievement Teams
- Preview of his Simply Coaching Summit session, The Instructional Coach’s Atlas: A Guide for Coaches and School Leaders
- What coaches can do to support PLCs right now, in the middle of testing season
- Tips for new coaches mapping out their first PLC
- Why bringing student work into a PLC is beneficial
- What the most effective coaches do when working with teachers
- Steve’s advice for coaches
Links from this episode
- Register for the Simply Coaching Summit
- Grab a copy of the Simply Coaching Summit brochure here!
- Register for the In-Person Simply Coaching Summit Bootcamp
- Check out Steve’s Book, Achievement Teams
- Visit Steve’s Website
Connect with Nicole S. Turner
- Website: Home
- Simply Coaching Hub: Simply Coaching Hub
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/simplycoachingandteaching_
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/https://twitter.com/coachandteach
- Email: email@example.com
Steve Ventura Bio:
Steve Ventura is the president and lead consultant at Advanced Collaborative Solutions. He is a highly motivational and knowledgeable speaker who approaches high-stakes professional development armed with practical, research-based strategies. Steve is a former elementary and secondary teacher as well as both a school and district-level administrator. Steve has published multiple books and articles, and regularly presents and keynotes at major global education events.